A service for children and young people in Edinburgh affected by drug and alcohol use in their families.

Sunflower Garden supports children and young people aged 5 -18 affected by drug or alcohol use in their families. Perhaps this is happening now or it did in the past - whatever the case it can impact young people in lots of ways and having their own support can help. 

Office hours

9.00 am - 5.00 pm (Monday - Friday)

Arrange a visit

Call 0131 220 2488

Contact us


Counselling Managers

Anna Rahimian

Services offered at Sunflower Garden

We offer Counselling, Art Therapy, Support work and Group work for children and young people aged 5-18. Having this support means that young people have a space to explore and reflect on things that feel important to them in a way that suits them best – whether this is through making art, creative activities, games or talking. We work with children and young people to help build their confidence, understand their emotions and find new ways of coping. 

We work from our dedicated base in central Edinburgh as well in schools across the city – together we will decide where it’s best for the support to happen. 

If we are supporting your child, we can also support you too - through our parent and carer counselling service. 

We accept referrals from young people and their families as well as professionals'.

Volunteers and Students 

Our multi-disciplinary team is supported by students and volunteers. If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch! 

Room hire
At Simpson House, we have rooms available for hire:

Family Outreach Service Leaflet
Counselling and Art Therapy Service Leaflet 

Referral forms for download
Referral Form

Questions about funding, referrals or availability? 
Call us on 0131 220 2488

All our practitioners are either, qualified and registered with a PSA-recognised professional body, or in the process of gaining their qualification.  The PSA, or Professional Standards Authority, assesses organisations that register health and social care practitioners (e.g. BACP, COSCA, BAAT, UKCP) so that you can choose a practitioner to meet your needs with confidence.